From iPhones to space ships to artificial intelligence, technology is all around us. It is the benchmark of human advancement and the single most integral element of the modern world.
Technology is moreover an international endeavour, behind which technical communication is the backbone.
Technical information could not flow between minds and nations without technical translation. The translator of technical writing therefore must:
- Have a cross-curricular and multi-faceted background
- Have a firm grasp of theory and language
- Be an effective communicator
- Have specialist knowledge in one or more technical subjects
- Be curious
- Be able to interact well with technology
Technical translation covers:
- Repair manuals
- Owner manuals
- Maintenance guidelines
- Engineering specifications
- Software interfaces
- Technical manuals
- End user instructions
- Technical reports
- Feasibility studies & corporate reports
- Research results
- Policies & procedures
- Business plans
- White papers
- Case studies
- Literature reviews
From sanitation to solar energy, programming to pottery, no matter the subject, no matter the language combination, at Word Wide, we have a wonderful team of highly specialized technical translators who embody all of the above traits and more, and who are ready to help you with all of your linguistic needs.
Contact us today for more information.